2012-2013 District Goals
1. Instruction: Fully align instruction with curriculum, adjusting to the new Core Curriculum Content Standards (nationally aligned), as well as Tools of the Mind at the Kindergarten level. Evidence includes revised teacher evaluation instrument, documented minutes from common planning meetings and other such feedback to validate educational effectiveness. Remain out of sanctions under the new guidelines in the NCLB waiver. Build leadership capacity among newly appointed administrators.
2. Assessment: Improve test scores on all state-administered assessments (NJASK 3-8, HSPA in all schools, for all grade levels, and in all demographic categories monitored by No Child Left Behind. Initiative also addresses improving assessment scores in International Baccalaureate courses. Initiative will include transition to online testing.
3. Security: Maintain a safe and secure learning environment, including physical security, facility safety and minimization of violence, vandalism, harassment, intimidation and bullying. Initiative includes enhancement of video monitoring at the secondary schools and the continued implementation of school uniforms throughout the district. Detailed reports will include all required reports associated with the new Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying law. Training of staff will be continued. Complete the full installation of the 2Ghz wireless bandwidth initiative.
4. Finance: Operate the district in an efficient and effective manner, ensuring fiscal prudence, hiring discipline and proper allocation of resources to the various educational programs. Initiative includes an aggressive program to find non-resident students.
5. Public Relations: Work to establish multiple means of communicating with parents and community members, including automatic calls, website, newsletters, Facebook, Twitter and aggressive use of print media. Expand use of parent emails. Work to pursue the initiative to build a new secondary complex (junior high school/senior high school).