The mission of the LHS Media Center is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of information:
- Provide instruction on 21st century information literacy skills.
- Provide intellectual and physical access to materials and information in various formats.
- Engage students to become lifelong learners, readers, and independent thinkers.
- Provide Makerspace activities to foster creativity, to allow for participatory and active collaboration, communicate new ideas, and demonstrate originality and inventiveness.
- Learn new skills while exploring and nurturing the individual interests and passions of our students.
- Support our school’s mission to provide a safe and secure learning environment conducive to our uniquely diverse community of learners.
The vision of LHS Media Center is to become a state of the art facility that houses various multimedia sources to support teacher instruction and student learning and engagement.