Fifth grade K-Kids Club members at School 4 are learning leadership through service. They’re taking on the responsibility of running a K-Kids club as they plan and participate in community service projects. In big and small ways, they’re changing the world around them, but the most significant change happens in the kids themselves.
“As a K-Kid, I promise to serve my neighborhood and my school; I will show respect toward my environment; and I will try to make the world a better place in which to live.”
- To provide opportunities for working together in service to school and community.
- To develop leadership potential.
- To foster the development of strong moral character.
- To encourage loyalty to school, community and nation.
To develop competent, capable, caring leaders through the vehicle of service.
- Character building: The ability to do the right thing, even when it might be the unpopular choice.
- Leadership: The ability to listen, communicate, serve and guide others.
- Inclusiveness: Accepting and welcoming differences in other people.
- Caring: The act of being concerned about or interested in other people or situations.
“Great leaders don’t set out to be a leader. They set out to make a difference.”
K-Kids Events and Activities 2016-2017
Sweet and Salty Gift Baskets for Senior Citizens
Hot Cocoa with Senior Citizens
MLK Observance with Senior Citizens
Heart Tea Breakfast with Senior Citizens
Children’s Specialized Hospital Luncheon